Vitamin A Research
1. Effect of an antioxidant-rich multivitamin supplement in cystic fibrosis
2. Loss of Carotene-9′,10′-Monooxygenase Expression Increases Serum and Tissue Lycopene Concentrations in Lycopene-Fed Mice
3. Marked changes in endogenous antioxidant expression precede vitamin A-, C-, and E-protectable, radiation-induced reductions in small intestinal nutrient transport
4. Beta-Carotene Is an Important Vitamin A Source for Humans
5. High dietary intake of retinol leads to bone marrow hypoxia and diaphyseal endosteal mineralization in rats
6. The curative effect of inhaled vitamin A with corticosteroid on rat after asthmatic pneumonia and its influence on TSLP expression
7. Multiple cytochrome P450 genes are concomitantly regulated by vitamin A under steady state conditions and by retinoic acid during hepatic first-pass metabolism
8. Fate of retinoic acid-activated embryonic cell lineages
9. Deficiencies in fat-soluble vitamins in long-term users of somatostatin analogue
10. Skin carotenoid levels in adult patients with psoriasis
11. Antioxidant Vitamins Intake, Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated (ATM) Genetic Polymorphisms, and Breast Cancer Risk
12. Tissue vitamin a insufficiency results in adverse ventricular remodeling after experimental myocardial infarction
13. Antioxidants and Pulmonary Function Among Police Officers
14. Hepatic stellate cell (vitamin A-storing cell) and its relative – past, present and future
15. The effect of vitamin A and zinc supplementation on treatment outcomes in pulmonary tuberculosis: a randomized controlled trial
16. The orphan nuclear receptor TR4 is a vitamin A-activated nuclear receptor
17. Vitamin A supplementation during pregnancy for maternal and newborn outcomes
18. Retinoids, Retinoic Acid Receptors, and Cancer
Vitamin D Research
1. Vitamin D and the adaptive immune system with special emphasis to allergic reactions and allograft rejection
2. Mechanisms of the Anti-Cancer and Anti-Inflammatory Actions of Vitamin D
3. Vitamin D and calcium insufficiency-related chronic diseases: molecular and cellular pathophysiology.
4. Evidence of association of vitamin D receptor Apa I gene polymorphism with bone mineral density in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
5. Multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, and vitamin D.
6. UV light doubles the shelf life of fresh produce
7. Vitamin D and Inflammation
8. Vitamin D and Osteoarthritis
Vitamin D Videos
1. What’s a Vitamin D Deficiency?
2. Dose-Response of Vitamin D and a Mechanism for Cancer Prevention
3. Skin Cancer/Sunscreen – the Dilemma
4. Donald L. Trump, M.D. Vitamin D Deficiency: Analysis and Approach in a Comprehensive Cancer Center
5. Frank C. Garland, Ph.D. Vitamin D and Diabetes-Can We Prevent it?
6. David C. Sane, M.D. Vitamin D & Cardiovascular Disease- New Frontiers for Prevention
7. Michael F. Holick, Ph.D. M.D. D-Lightful Vitamin D: Bone & Muscle Health and Prevention of Autoimmune and Chronic Diseases
8. How Vitamin D Reduces the Incidence of Cancer: The DINOMIT Model
9. Vitamin D Prevents Cancer: Is It True?
10. C.F. Garland, Dr. P.H. Vitamin D and Cancer Reduction
11. Cedric F. Garland, Dr. PH., F.A.C.E. Vitamin D: Role in Preventing Cancer
12. Robert P. Heaney, M.D. Vitamin D: Nutrient, Not A Drug
13. Edward Gorham, M.P.H., Ph.D. Vitamin D: UV, The Original Source – How to Use It
14. Carol L. Wagner, M.D., Ph.D. Vitamin D: Pregnancy and Lactation – Preventing Complications, Growing Healthy Babies
15. Tetsuya Mizoue, Ph.D. Vitamin D: Diabetes and Colon Cancer in the Japanese Population
16. Robert P. Heaney, M.D. Vitamin D: Interactions of Vitamin D and Calcium